Sunday, July 2nd – Scout Meeting
- PLC: 3:30 PM -4:00 PM – Regular PLC meeting
- All Scouts: 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM
- Location: Sheriff’s Office, Conrad Lane
- Who: All Scouts and Adult Leaders
- Uniform: Class B
- Regular PLC Meeting before the meeting.
- Scouts can wear Class B to the summer meetings!
Announcements, Announcements, Announcements, Announcements!!
Merit Badge Weekend – August 4th-6th
Troop 727 will be hosting a Merit Badge Weekend at Camp Michaels just like last year on August 4th – 6th. Registration is now open to other troops as well! The sign ups for the merit badges will be first come, first serve! If you want the best chance to get a specific spot for the merit badge, please register by signing up using the standard form and including your first three merit badge picks, in the order of your preference. The cost is $25/Scout.
The badges you can choose from are:
- American Heritage
- Citizen in the Community
- Citizen in the Nation
- Coin Collecting
- Family Life
- Fly Fishing
- Indian Lore
- Mammal Study / Bird Study / Nature
- Search & Rescue
- Signs / Signals
July 15th – Service Hours for IHM Festival Dinner
The troop will be helping bus tables and wash dishes at the IHM Festival Dinner on Saturday, July 15th. We will have two shifts, one from 5 to 7 PM and the other from 7 to 9 PM. We need two adults and eight scouts per shift.
If you are interested please sign up and indicate which shift you can help with. Use the normal registration form at http://bsatroop727.ipage.com/index.html.
We need people signed up for the festival dinner help by July 1st.
July 17th – IHM Grounds Cleaning
Following the IHM Festival the troop is going to be helping clean up the grounds as a service to our charter organization. We will meet at the IHM parking lot on Monday, July 17th at 6:00 PM. The festival committee will provide us with trash bags and trash grabbers. The more boys that show up the quicker it will be! There will be Super Scout points in helping on this project.
Parents are encouraged to chip in as well.
Please use the normal sign up form and indicate “Festival Clean up” as the event name.
Server Hours Opportunity with Veteran’s Wheelchair Games
July 17th-22nd Cincinnati is hosting the 37th National Veteran’s Wheelchair games. They are looking for volunteers. Not only will you be supporting a great cause, and see just how strong our veterans really are, you can get some service hours. Support the men and women who have supported our country!
This is not a service project organized by the Troop. You’ll need to work directly with the event organizers. We will not have adults staffing this as official troop members to provide guidance or watch the Scouts.
If you have an interest in helping check out http://wheelchairgames.org/ for more information. The volunteer specific page (along with a list of what volunteer jobs they have) can be found at http://wheelchairgames.org/volunteers/.
We have several upcoming events this fall, some of which have changed since earlier in the year. Please make sure you check the calendar regularly.
Upcoming Troop Outings:
- Merit Badge Campout – August 4-6 at Camp Michaels – A chance to get a few Merit Badges and some camping nights in.
- Scout vs Wild Campout – August 18-20 at Camp Michaels – This is a change in schedule and was moved from later in the fall to this date. The Youth Leadership are coming up with challenges that will stress the troop’s Scout Skills. Which patrol/team will come out on top?
- Renaissance Festival – Sept 8-10 at Caesar Creek – The troop will be visiting the Ohio Ren Festival on Saturday, which happens to be Time Traveler Weekend. Crew 727 has also been invited to join the Troop for this outing (Venture Crews are coed scouting units for ages 14-21; they will have their own segmented area in the camp site). We will need drivers for this event who are willing to stay with us.
- PLC Retreat – Oct 13-14th at Camp Craig. The newly elected, and returning, PLC will be having our first ever PLC Retreat! This will cover 2018 Annual Planning, ILST and a lot of fun. We will be looking for drivers to/from the camp for this trip.
- Recon Camp – Oct 20-22nd at Camp Michaels – Which group is more observant? Which ones can overcome the challenges put forth by the PLC? Come ready to sneak to your opponent’s campsites and learn what you can.
- Winter Camping Prep & Star Wars Weekend – Nov 17-19 at Camp Michaels. What exactly is a Star Wars weekend? You’ll have to come to see. We’ll also be covering cold weather camping and preparing for future cold weather events.
You can register for ANY and ALL of these events now! Just use the use the normal sign up form and put the name of the event you want to attend. It would be really helpful for Scouts to sign up as early as possible since it helps us plan for drivers and required adults, as well as helps the PLC decide that activities can be supported at the outings.
At the last Court of Honor Star Scout P. Bowdler announced that we will be working on recycling 20 oz bottles. If you use 20 oz plastic bottles, please wash them out and save them. Future updates will include where you can bring them.
Speaking of Recycling: Plastic Lids
Several updates ago we posted that the Pack 727 was collecting plastic lids. If you have collected lids for this please bring them to Mr. Wood. Do not collect any further lids unless you have a place for them to go afterwards or are recycling them on your own (which we recommend if you can!).