Thursday, May 25th – Memorial Day Posting Flags
It is an honor for our Scouts to post flags at the grave sites of our veterans. Each year for Veteran’s Day and Memorial Day we post flags and then the following week retrieve them.
- Thursday, May 25th, 4:45 PM (SHARP!) for Posting.
- Wednesday, May 31st, 4:45 PM (SHARP!) for Retrieval
- Event Lead: Mrs. Pettit
- Location: Cemetery on KY 18 next to the Fire Station just down from IHM.
- Who: Any scout. If you plan to attend please register on the activity registration form and use the “Flag Posting” and/or “Flag Retrieval” as the comment.
- Uniform: Class A
- Cost: -Free-
- It does not take long to put out the flags. Please arrive by 4:40 PM or earlier in order to be counted! If you show up at 5 or 5:15 it may all be done by then. Attendance may be taken at the start of the event, so be sure to be there early.
- Volunteer Scouts be sure to make sure your name gets recorded by Mrs. Pettit so you can get credit for extra Super Scout points!
Saturday, May 27, 2017-ILST and PLC Meeting
Introduction to Leadership Skills for Troops is required for all Youth Leaders. If you hold a role of responsibility you should get this training, even if you have had it before for a past position.
- When: 9 AM – 4 PM
- Location: Boone County Main Library on KY 18, Meeting Rooms B & C
- Who: ALL PLC members and any Scout who wishes to attend NYLT, or any scout just wanting to learn more about how the youth leadership works.
- Uniform: Class A
- Event Lead: J. Kiely
- Please bring a packed lunch.
- ILST will be from 9 AM – 3 PM
- There will be a PLC meeting for planning future meetings from 3 – 4 PM
- ALL PLC are requested to attend, even if they have had the training in the past as well.
- If you are on the PLC and can NOT make this event please contact the SPL with the reason why.
Monday, May 29th – Memorial Day Parade!
- When: Monday, May 29th
- Event Lead: Mr. Wood
- Dropoff: By 9:00 AM at Boone Co. High School
- Pickup: Around 11:00 AM at the Florence Government Center
- Who: Any scout. If you plan to attend please register on the activity registration form and use Memorial Day Parade as the comment.
- Uniform: Class A (Uniform is mandatory to participate)
- Cost: -Free-
- We walk along KY 18 from the High School to Ewing. It can take a while to make the walk and there is no shade. Make sure to hydrate and/or bring a canteen you can easily carry. Watch the weather and be prepared.
- Scouts, be sure to make sure your name gets recorded when you arrive so you can get credit for extra Super Scout points!
- We will be joined by the Pack and the Crew for this parade.
Announcements, Announcements, Announcements, Announcements!!
RockQuest & PutPut – June 3rd
The troop will be heading to RockQuest Climbing Center on Saturday, June 3rd for our June outing. Meet at IHM at 8:15 AM. We will go to RockQuest to climb from 10 AM to Noon, then catch lunch. After lunch it will be off to the Fairfield Fun Center to play put-put golf. The troop should return to IHM by 4:30 PM.
Registration is closed.
Cost is $30 (includes lunch)
- $15 for RockQuest
- $7 for putput ($9 for adults)
- $8 for lunch
The RockQuest fee covers climbing, a harness, belay device and a helmet. Climbers should wear comfortable clothing and gym shoes. If they wish to rent climbing shoes they should bring an additional $5.
There will be two required paperwork items for this trip. One is the regular Scout Consent form and the second is specific to RockQuest. You can fill out a RockQuest waiver online and it will email you a copy of the waiver. Print that and send it with the scout. If they do not have a waiver they will not be permitted to climb.
Parents: If you are willing to serve as a driver for the event, you should see an email coming on behalf of Mike O’Connor, our Transportation chair soon.