Thursday, October 19th – Popcorn is due!
Please make sure to get your orders in to Mrs Goodwin.
Thursday, October 19th – Troop Committee Meeting
- When: 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM
- Location: IHM
- Who: Troop Committee Members. All Scoutmasters and parents are welcome.
- Event Lead: Mr. Ihrig
October 20th-22nd– Recon Camp
- When: October 20th-22nd
- Drop off: Friday 5:30 PM at Camp Michaels for PLC, 6:00 PM for the rest of the troop
- Pickup: Sunday, 10:00 AM at Camp Michaels
- Trailer Wrangler: Mr. Brossart
- Event Lead: Mr. Wood
- Location: Camp Michaels, Shelter 2 and Shooting Sports field
- Who: See Who’s Camping for who’s signed up. Registration is closed.
- Required Paperwork:
- Activity Consent Form: This must be signed by parent/guardian and scout.
- BSA Health Medical Forms: If we don’t have one on file for you we need a standard Medical form completed, both A & B parts.
- Optional Medication Form: If you are bringing medication please complete one of these and turn it in when you arrive. Please be sure to fill out the medication form completely.
- Register: Registration is closed.
- Cost: $10
- The current weather is looking very nice. Watch the forecast as it gets closer to the weekend. A little cool, and only a slight chance of rain.
Announcements, Announcements, Announcements, Announcements!!
ILST – Saturday, October 28th
Introduction to Leadership Skills for Troops will be held on Saturday, October 28th. The current location is the Main Boone County Library on 18. They will get started about 9:30 AM and run until 3:30 PM.
All Scouts in a leadership role of any kind are expected to attend for training, even if they have been trained before. If there is a reason you can not attend please contact the SPL, A. Ihrig, or Mr. Wood to let them know.
Rummage Sale Moved
We move the Rummage sale to Sunday, Nov 5th due to weather. We will have more information about the reschedule and signs ups for the shifts soon. Please save the date! If you have any additional items, please bring them down to the little grey trailer. Note that really large items will need to be held onto until the event as the trailer is getting really full (which is awesome!).
Service Hours Opportunity in November
If you aren’t going to the Cold Weather/Star Wars campout then you have some opportunity for some service hours with the Knights of Columbus. They need help moving boxes of food around for their annual food drive on Saturday, November 17th from 4 to 8 PM, and again on Sunday, November 18 from 8 AM to Noon. We will have signs up posted next week online and at the next meeting.
Yellowstone Sign ups are open!
I hope you’ve been reading your emails! The signs up are open for the great destination of 2018! Note that the deadline to add your name to the list openly is Oct 8th. Any names added to the list at this point will be on the wait list, accepted in the order in which their registration came in.
Oct 29th will be the deadline for the $100 deposit, which confirms your position on the trip.
Merit Badge Challenge – Registration Opens Oct 21st
The Merit Badge Challenge for Northern KY will have it’s registration open up on Oct 21st. They have already posted the schedule and merit badges at http://www.danbeard.org/MBC. The dates will be March 3rd and 17th. It looks like the location may be different, but it’s not been announced yet. This opportunity is a great way for Scouts to pick up some merit badges, so we highly recommend getting signed up as soon as they can.
There is often prerequisite work for many of the Merit Badges, which is indicated in the documentation. So, look through the options, pick out your merit badges and get started! This is an individual registration event. Once you are registered for your Merit Badges please ask for a blue card from Mr. Davies or Mr. Wood.
Summer Camp is Set! – July 29 – Aug 4
The scouts have selected Camp Ransburg for their 2018 Summer Camp, and we’ve reserved a campsite for the 9th week of camp which is July 29th – Aug 4th. More information will be sent out about camp in the coming months; however, the cost of the camp itself will be $315 per scout (if paid before April 15th). There will be some additional cost for travel, a Troop T-shirt, etc.