Thursday, August 17th – Troop Committee Meeting
- When: Thursday, June 15th– 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM
- Location: IHM
- Who: Troop Committee Members. All Scoutmasters and parents are welcome.
- Event Lead: Mr. Ihrig
August 18th-20th– Merit Badge Campout
- When: August 18th – 20th
- Drop off: Friday 6:00 PM (5:00 PM for the PLC)
- Pickup: Sunday 10:30 AM
- Trailer Wrangler: TBD
- Event Lead: Mr. Kiely
- Location: Camp Michaels. Drop off and pickup in the main parking lot.
- Who: See Who’s Camping for who’s signed up. Registration is closed.
- Required Paperwork:
- Activity Consent Form: This must be signed by parent/guardian and scout.
- BSA Health Medical Forms: If we don’t have one on file for you we need a standard Medical form completed, both A & B parts.
- Optional Medication Form: If you are bringing medication please complete one of these and turn it in when you arrive. Please be sure to fill out the medication form completely.
- Register: Registration is closed.
- The current weather is looking very nice. Watch the forecast as it gets closer to the weekend. Unless the weather is really bad the scouts will be using tarps for shelters, so pack for being outside of a tent.
- Bring just what you need and don’t pack a lot. Look for an email from the PLC about additional gear suggestions.
Announcements, Announcements, Announcements, Announcements!!
Solar Eclipse – August 21st
Just one week left until the total solar eclipse! This is a really big deal. If you do plan on watching the eclipse, make sure you take the appropriate safety precautions, and then check out the requirements for the Boy Scout Eclipse Patch.
If you do watch the Eclipse and would like to get the patch, please bring your diagram and a note from a parent, or adult, that you discussed your observations with them during the event, to Mr. Wood. Be prepared to discuss the safety of watching the eclipse.
Adult Training Opportunity: August 26th-27th – CANCELLED
We did not get enough participants to hold a class. We will be picking out a new date soon, but our goal is to have at least 6 participants. If you are looking for CPR training sooner than that the Hebron Fire Department gives the class each month.
Troop Apparel Order Deadline – August 27th
You may have already seen the email from Mrs. Hamm, but she will be putting in an order for Troop wear (the embroidered hoodies, hats, polos, etc) soon. The last day to order is at the meeting on August 27th. You can contact her via email directly if you wish, or put in an order that night on the 27th. Please see her email for the prices (they’ve gone up just a tad).
Personal Management MB Opportunity
Mr. Voelker is going to be teaching Personal Management MB and is gathering up a list of interested scouts. He’s not sure when it will start yet, but if you have an interest please contact him directly (see the weekly email from this week for his email).
Scout Trade Day – August 26th
Mrs. Drees sent out an email about an upcoming MB opportunity for the scouts. The Dan Beard Council is putting on a Scout Trade day, featuring several trade related MB. You probably already saw the emails flying around, but you can find out more at http://www.danbeard.org/tradeskills.
This is not a Troop organized event. Each scout is responsible for their own registration, transportation and working out adult supervision. There are some scouts from the troop going and some car pooling efforts are in the works among the parents. You may want to hurry though as a few of the MB classes are filled already.
Race Help from Mrs. Pettit: September 16th!
Since we did such a GREAT job volunteering for the Flying Pig Marathon in May, we have been asked to come back to work another event!
The event is to help with their green team and clean up for the Hudepohl 14 K Brewery Run which is scheduled on Saturday, September 16 from 8:00 am to 12:30 pm.
We will need 30 volunteers (but will welcome more) and would still ask that the ages be 14 and up! This will be another big money maker for the troop to help out for our big trip next summer!
I know how busy we all get, so I wanted to give you plenty of time to put this date on your calendar. More information and sign up’s will be coming soon!
Please consider helping out! Put the date on your calendar and look for sign up information coming soon.
Next month on September 24th we will have Troop elections. In order to give our potential new Senior Patrol Leaders enough time to interview their staff we need to know who is interested in what positions. Please inform Mr. Wood by the end of the meeting on August 27th that you wish to run, or be considered, for a position.
Ohio Renaissance Fair – September 8th-10th
The Scouts have selected to go to the Ohio Renaissance fair for their September outing. The troop went a few years ago and had a blast. The weekend we are going is also Time Traveler weekend, so feel free to bring your steam punk costume!
- Trailer Wrangler: Mrs. Ortwein
- Event Lead: Mrs. Ortwein
- Cost: TBD – The cost will be the ticket price, plus food and some money for gas.
- The Venture Crew 727 has been invited to join the troop on this event. Venture Crew is coed, but they are separated within the camp site from the Scouts in the troop.
Scout Night at the Reds – September 23rd
On Saturday, September 23, the Cincinnati Reds are excited to welcome the scouts, their friends, & families to the 2017 Scout Night Campout!
The on-field campout will occur after the Reds play the Boston Red Sox, with the game starting at 4:10PM. Campout Packages include your game ticket, post-game meal, movie, post-game activities on the field and in the Kroger Fan Zone, and of course the exclusive overnight campout on the field with breakfast the following morning. No tents will be permitted.
This is NOT a troop organized event. You can register individually by going to http://m.mlb.com/reds/tickets/offers/scoutcampout. Do not register through the troop. Each scout will be responsible for their own transportation and working out adult supervision.
At the last Court of Honor Star Scout P. Bowdler announced that we will be working on recycling 20 oz bottles. If you use 20 oz plastic bottles, please wash them out and save them. Future updates will include where you can bring them.