Friday, February 24 – Swimming Merit Badge
- When: 6 PM – 8:30 PM
- Location: Boone Co. Public Library, Main Branch on KY 18.
- Who: Scouts who have Registered for Swimming MB
- Register: Use the Registration form and indicate Swimming MB. Deadline to register is Thursday, February 23rd.
- Uniform: Class A
- Event Lead: Mrs. Ortwein
- This is for Swimming Merit Badge, the ability to swim is a prerequisite.
- The first session is class room only and will not require swim gear.
- Please read the Swimming MB book if you can get it and bring it and the worksheet to the class with you.
- The second session will be at the RC Durr YMCA on March 24th.
Sunday, February 26th, 2017 – Troop Meeting
- When: 4 PM
- PLC: 2:30 PM -4:00 PM – Extended PLC meeting
- All Scouts: 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM
- Location: Britt Hall, IHM.
- Who: All Scouts and Adult Leaders
- Uniform: Class A
- Extended PLC Meeting before the meeting.
- Theme: Patrol Method
- First meeting for our new Crossovers!
Tuesday, February 28th – Adult Marketing Fundraiser & Skyline Chili Night
The Adult marketing fundraiser is an extremely easy way for the troop to make some money. All we need is at least 100 adults to sign up and take up to 45 minutes of their time on answer some survey questions. They don’t have to pay for anything. Just Sign up and ask your neighbors and other adult family members to as well! For each attendee the troop is paid between $7 – $10 per person. This is a chance for us to earn up to $800 without asking other people for money! All we ask for is their time.
After they are done, if they like Skyline Chili, they can stop over at the Burlington Skyline close by and everything purchased between 5:00 PM and 9:30 PM will send 20% of that to the troop. Make sure to bring out one the flyers Mrs. Hamm sent out earlier in the week! If you didn’t get one let the Scoutmaster know.
- When: 15 min survey slots starting at 3:30-7:30 PM
- Who: Any Adult aged 18 to 65! We need at least 100 adults to sign up or we will miss the 100 participant requirement (This is Crucial).
- Location: Acree Hall, IHM Complex
Announcements, Announcements, Announcements, Announcements!!
The Troop Grows!
This last Sunday we welcomed nine new boys to the troop at the Pack 727 crossover ceremony. Congratulations to the new boys on their Arrow of Light, and welcome to the Troop!
Fish Fry Volunteers Needed – March 3 – April 7
Each year the Troop helps with the Friday Fish Fry meals at IHM. This year we are looking for volunteers in two ways (both of which will count towards service hours for rank advancement):
IHM Student Volunteers – Fridays March 3 – April 7
We are looking for 6th – 8th grade scouts who attend IHM to help out each Friday between March 3rd and April 7th from 2:15 PM to 4:00 PM. They will be helping set up tables and get things arranged for the dinners.
If you are interested in helping on setting up please register on the event page using “Fish Fry Setup” as the event title. If possible they are looking for the same boys every Friday.
All Scouts – Fridays March 3 – April 7
For the Fish Fry Dinners we will looking for 4 boys each Friday with 4 boys on each shift to bus tables. The times are from 4:45 PM to 8:30 PM.
If you are interested in helping bus tables please register on the event page using “Fish Fry Bus Tables” as the event title. Please indicate which dates you will be able to participate.
Saturday, March 4th – The Youth Mental Health First Aid
The Youth Mental Health First Aid class has moved locations and time. It is still on Saturday, March 4th, but the location is now Grace Pointe Church, 1438 Cox Ave, Erlanger, KY 41018 and the times are from 8 AM to 4 PM.
This is an excellent opportunity for FREE training for all of our parents and adult leaders. Please sign up if you can make it. Note this is for adults only and boys should not attend. Lunch will be provided.
The following is a description of the training:
“Youth Mental Health First Aid is designed to teach parents, family members, caregivers, teachers, school staff, peers, neighbors, health and human services workers, and other caring citizens how to help an adolescent (age 12-18) who is experiencing a mental health or addictions challenge or is in crisis. Youth Mental Health First Aid is primarily designed for adults who regularly interact with young people. The course introduces common mental health challenges for youth, reviews typical adolescent development, and teaches a 5-step action plan for how to help young people in both crisis and non-crisis situations. Topics covered include anxiety, depression, substance use, disorders in which psychosis may occur, disruptive behavior disorders (including AD/HD), and eating disorders.”
- When: 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM, Saturday, March 4th
- Location: Grace Pointe Church, 1438 Cox Ave, Erlanger, KY 41018
- Who: All Adult Leaders and any Parents that have an interest.
- Uniform: None
- Register: Each individual participant must email Nicole Sofranko at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 859-334-3791 to register. Nicole will provide you with a confirmation of your registration and a reminder for this event.
- Please also send an email to Scoutmaster@bsatroop727.org to let Mr. Wood know you’ve registered.
- This is open to ALL of our Adult leaders and parents.
- This is NOT for Scouts. Please do not bring youth with you to the training.
- The training is FREE
First Aid Merit Badge – March 5th, 19th & 26th
- When: March 5th, 19th & 26th 12:00 PM Noon to 3:00 PM
- Where: Boone Co. Sheriff Office on Conrad Lane
- Who: Any scout needing First Aid Merit Badge
- Register: Use the registration form to sign up. Indicate First Aid Merit Badge as the event.
- Event Lead: Mr. Davies
- If possible purchase a new First Aid Merit Badge book as the requirements have changed in 2016.
- Bring the First Aid Merit Badge book, your Scout Handbook, the printed First Aid Merit Badge worksheet, a pen/pencil and a water bottle.
- You’ll need to make all three sessions.
Scout Skills Camp Out – March 10th-11th
The outing in March is the Scout Skills campout. This will the first campout with our new crossover scouts! We will just be staying Friday night and a pickup will be about 4:30 PM on Saturday. Additional information will be provided soon, but the cost will be $6 and the outing will be down at Camp Michaels. Please sign up now if you’re interested.
If you are a scout that still needs requirements for First class, this it the event to come to! If you are an older scout, we need your help in teaching our younger scouts. Please come and be prepared to teach, learn and have some fun.
Journey to Eagle Meeting – March 11th
After the Scout Skills outing wraps up on Saturday evening we have asked Mr. Rick Klein from districts to come speak with our Star and Life scouts. Mr. Klein is who reviews Eagle Scout projects and serves as the district representative for on our Eagle Board of Reviews. He’s also a Troop 727 Alumni! Mr. Klein will be speak about the requirements for Eagle, walking through what the boys need to have ready, and to answer questions. This is a perfect time to get your questions answered and start your plans to complete your journey to Eagle!
This will be held from 4:30 PM to 5:30 PM on Saturday, March 11th at Shelter #2 at Camp Michaels. Look for more information coming soon.
Wednesday, March 15th – City of Florence Youth in Government Program
This event is hosted by the City of Florence at the Florence Government Center Community Rooms. It will run from 5:30 PM to 7:30 PM. Scouts can complete a rank requirement, such as speaking with a civil servant (First Class 9a). If you attend and work on this make sure to get a note of who you talk to and have them sign the note.
This is not a troop led event, so please be sure to go with a parent or buddy.